Musings

These are my random thoughts. I like to pretend to be very intellectual. Sometimes my posts are deep and sometimes they are about the weather, but they are always worth reading ;)

Friday, July 11, 2008

TGIF


Today is July 11th. Today is Max's 12th birthday. Today is Friday. Today is not off to a good start. It is only 9:30am and the day is not going well. First of all, Steve(the red Jeep) would not start and is currently at the auto shop getting fixed. It's also probably one of the most humid days we've had so far this summer. It's drizzling also... not enough for an umbrella but enough to be annoying.

On the fourth, my girlfriends Lucky Lime and Miss Moon came to visit and we went to Dave Matthews and spent the day in Charleston.


It was brutally hot but we toughed it out and had a wonderful day full of shopping and history.

This is one of my favorite spots in Charleston. The pineapple fountain at the waterfront park.

We ate at Mellow Mushroom before heading over to the concert and we met a drunken pseudo-racecar driver who autographed our to-go boxes and told us it would be worth $2 one day. He was very interesting and his "crew chief" gave Lucky Lime his number. Then the highlight of the weekend was of course the man himself, DAVE MATTHEWS. After standing in a rowdy line for about 45 minutes we finally made it inside the stadium and pushed our way to the opposite side where our seats were. The stage is out of the shot to the right.
We got there and untied Miss Moon's camera from LL's undies (our solution to the no camera policy). We were a bit disappointed we were so far away but then it dawned on us to try to get on the field. AND IT WORKED!! The nice old security man didn't even look at our tickets and told us to enjoy our night... I think he made a lot more people than us happy that night.
We are very excited to be there!! There were a couple of ridiculous people around us. One guy was soaking wet (we couldn't tell if it was from sweat or the fact that he was giving everyone a shower with his water bottle) and he kept dancing around and bouncing in to LL... much to her dismay.

The sun went down and surprisingly it just got hotter not cooler. This is about as close as we got but it was a lot better than where we were supposed to be sitting.

Here is the man. It took a lot of effort to get this shot. I think the two tallest people in the whole place were standing in front of us at one point!!

Yay for Dave.

The rest of this week has been rather uneventful. Wednesday Mommy Dearest and I took Bruddy up to visit some friends around Tigertown and I went to my apartment and took a few clothes and things I'm not going to use until I get back to school. The countdown is at 36 days till Henceforth and I move back to school.
Hopefully, the weekend will not be like my morning. G00d thing I drank some coffee this morning. :)
All photos of Dave are courtesy of Miss Moon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey! thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment to enter for the weekly giveaway! be sure to swing by every weekend to enter!

i love your blog! i have always wanted to travel to the east coast. i love your dave pics...my husband and i are going to his concert in Indy in a few weeks! i can't wait!!!