Musings

These are my random thoughts. I like to pretend to be very intellectual. Sometimes my posts are deep and sometimes they are about the weather, but they are always worth reading ;)

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Spring Cleaning... for my computer

So for the last six months or so my laptop has been having a lot of problems... running really slowly, overheating, shutting itself off. I haven't even used it in the last three or so months because it wasn't worth the pain to be on the computer. I figured I had some really bad virus or something.

So Thursday, Mommy Dearest and I took my laptop up to Best Buy and I explained to them the problems I've been having. I've been very stressed about my computer for the last few months, thinking there's no way I can afford to buy a new one right now. So the nice man from the Geek Squad was like it sounds like you might have a problem with your fan. He was like it takes a while to replace a fan but that he could do it.

He went in the back and came back out with a can of compressed air. He proceeded to spray it in the side of my laptop. Well, I think enough dust came out that could cover every surface in my room if I didn't dust for a whole year. He was like "wow, that's you're problem!" He took my computer in the back and reversed the flow on a vacuum and stucked out a lot more dust bunnies.

So, I have my computer back now... running fine. I got a can of air so I can "dust" my computer out every month. I'm very happy that I don't have to get another computer(although I would like a Mac) and the Geeks told me that I have an "awesome" computer. Hopefully, my "awesome" computer will behave much better in the future now that it's clean.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your computer might have "awesome" insides, but it looks like a dinosaur on the outside. It's a face only a geek could love. LOL

xxxx said...

OK, I seriously need to try that. Except I want to buy a Mac right now too :)

Anonymous said...

[Note: not sure how I came across your site, hope ya don't mind.]

Glad you managed to save your computer. My old PC unfortunately didn't make it (rest her soul). Lol. I eventually did make my way to a mac and dang I felt like: "where have you been all my life!"

Anyway, the campus student store (I'm still an undergrad) always has some great Christmas deals. Might give that a look if they sell any at your university.