Musings

These are my random thoughts. I like to pretend to be very intellectual. Sometimes my posts are deep and sometimes they are about the weather, but they are always worth reading ;)

Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Warm Breeze


So it is officially spring now and I could not be happier... I really do not like the cold weather! Even though it's still chilly in the morning the afternoons are just beautiful! I'm very excited for summer to be here. I put away all my sweaters and brought out my tank tops the other day. The flowers everywhere are blooming. I picked a daffodil in Falls Park today even though I don't think you're allowed to do that! Oh well!

Last week was spring break and I spent the week in Pawleys Island with my dearest Prissy! I was wonderful to not have to worry about school or really anything for a little while. We went out dancing three nights which is by far Prissy and my most favorite thing to do! One night we saw Vanilla Ice perform which was one of the highlights for me since I know every word to Ice Ice Baby. HA, feel free to laugh at me! The weather didn't cooperate as much as we would have like but we got in a few good days at the beach. On Thursday, Prissy, Prissy's madre, and I walked to the point of PI during low tide and took a bunch of pictures. (There's a link at the end of this blog to my photo page. I've decided to start putting pictures up there also since not everyone can see them on Facebook.) We took a trip to Summerville and visited with the family there. We did a little bit of shopping but since both of us are pretty broke we didn't get much. Overall, it was the best spring break ever and I'm very sad it's over.

This week it has been very difficult to get back into schoolwork so really I haven't done anything. I spent almost all day yesterday studying for my Spanish test this morning, got to class and the teacher said she was going to move it to Tuesday. I was not happy to say the least. Only four weeks left till exams and I'm starting to get nervous. I don't know why but I always get extremely stress during exams and it's starting early this semester.

The highlight of this week has been this morning when I met George Clooney in Greenville. I went with some of my friends to see him and Renee Zellweger promote their new movie. I got his autograph and a bunch of pictures. He is extremely nice and talked to me and Kara about what a pretty day it was :) He is probably one of my favorite actors and I was so excited to see him in person. (Also check the pictures link for pics of Mr. Clooney.)

I'm off to study Anatomy for my exam tomorrow morning. Here is the link for my pictures: http://community.webshots.com/user/mereinsc


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, deary doodle...he sure is a cutie, I wish I didn't know about his political views. Makes him a little bit ugly to me.

Anyway, I'm glad you had a good time on spring break. Can you believe you'll be home in a month!

Anonymous said...

HI MEREDITH,
I REALLY HATE YOU,HAHAHAHA MY GOD HE IS HOT, WE WENT TO SEE THE MOVIE ON SAT. AND I LOVED IT, WAS REALLY FUNNY. I COULD NOT CLICK ON THE LINK,IT WOULD NOT LET ME, SO I TYPED IT IN AND IT STILL WOULD NOT WORK, FIX IT,I WANT TO SEE THE PICS. BE GOOD AND I LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!! AUNTIE LOVELY :O)